Thursday, July 30, 2009

Almost Out..

Emily seemed to have a better night last night. Moved into her own room, she slept more, as did Marci, and she seemed more awake this morning, according to Marci. She ran a slight fever, which the Dr. said was normal after surgery and this morning it is gone. So now we wait...

Hopefully she will be discharged today. Steve went this morning to the Homewood Suites and made his reservation a sure thing, upgrading so Emily could have her own room and a bath instead of just a shower. We had been staying at the Radisson, but the Homewood Suites offers rooms with full kitchens which will be great for making meals with Emily in mind. It will be great to lay in bed and recover and relax over the weekend and beginning of the week while eating homemade mac and cheese or cup of noodles. It just makes sense.

So this morning, we packed up and checked out, and will run to the store to make sure Emily has some foods for tonight. Then we are off to the hospital to wait for the Dr. to say she is good as new :).

As for me, I am flying home tonight. I have not been home to play with my own kids and see my own hubby in what seems like forever. I am toying with the idea, if Emily is up to it, of driving back up later next week with the kids and staying overnight. We can take Emily out to dinner. My kids have been asking about her every day - especially Dillon. But we will see how it goes.

Meanwhile, I want to thank everyone for their kind words and encouraging voices online. I especially want to thank the parents (Steve and Marci's and my own) for everything they have done. Whether here or not, they have each played a critical part of making sure Emily is better in no time at all. I cannot think of friends I have ever had in my lifetime that are quite like Steve and Marci. They are truly amazing, and their children are amazing. I am blessed.

Love to all,
Marni

No comments:

Post a Comment