Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finally at the hotel!

Hi all,
Emily was finally discharged! Yipee! Steve took Marni to the airport so that she can get home to her own family who must miss her a lot. We appreciate all she has done for us during this time. She helped get things organized, comforted us, and was there to lend a hand for whatever we needed. Emily and I are at the hotel and just had dinner. The hotel provides dinner and tonight it was cheese ravioli, salad and bread sticks. Mine came with a glass of red wine, all for no charge! I am savoring the wine. Emily is both watching TV and reading her Judy Blume book. She looks very relaxed and happy to be out of the hospital! The hotel room is very nice and it is like a mini apartment. It should be quite comfortable for Emily and Steve all next week while they hang out. I am flying home Sunday morning to be with Adam and to relieve my parents who have been wonderful during this whole process. Staying with Adam and making sure he eats and gets to and from band camp everyday. It was just one less thing for Steve and I to worry about. My parents are going on a well deserved Alaskan cruise and leaving Sunday. I will get home Sunday just in time for them to leave and for me to return to work on Monday morning. My bosses and coworkers have been extremely wonderful and I want to let them know how much I appreciate all their support.
Steve's parents left this morning and helped to keep our mind off things while Emily was in surgery. For that I am thankful. It was a long day! Everyone's calls, texts, emails, facebook posts and prayers were much appreciated! It is so nice to know that so many people care about our family, and even friends of our friends who have never met either us or Emily. Just amazing!
I will fly back up to S.F. on Thursday night so that I can be at Emily's Dr. appt next Friday. We will meet with the nurse who will turn on and program the device. After the appt., the three of us will drive home. So, nothing much going on at this time. Emily just needs to relax and rest and heal. I will continue to update, here and there, if things come up that are worth sharing. Thanks again to all who are following Emily's journey. Once the stimulator is turned on, we will have a lot more to report, and it may take some time to see some improvement, but I will certainly keep everyone updated. As for me, I am off to take a nice, long, hot shower!!! (Not sure when Emily will post something, but hopefully soon!).
Love Marci

2 comments:

  1. from Janine:
    Hey Goldstein family. I'm one of those who are friends of friends, and one who checks your blog daily- excited and optimistic. What a whirlwind you're all having - and this blog will be your journal of these days leading to Emily's recovery. xoxoxoJanine & George

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys! Emily, make sure your dad doesn't keep you awake all night snoring. Watch movies and don't let him hog the big tv. Make him get your snacks and meals, and drinks. Milk it-you deserve it. When I ghrow up, I want to be as brave as you :)

    All my love,
    Marni

    ReplyDelete